Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Let me guess, "Wild Thing"

Ok. I play guitar. And you could say it is probably the most unoriginal instrument out there to pick from. Even Avril Lavigne can "play" one.That is still one person more than one of our benevolent writers here.

I can see how it might have started too. At a Billy Idol concert circa '88, he figured out if you take a pick to the strings, you get noise.
That leaves 17 years to learn a new riff. Tupac was more prolific after he was dead.

Every opportunity to climb the stairs and hang, a new invite to grab the Epiphone and crank out some, sophmoric at best, Troggs.
I'd be fine with Cobain, any other remedial scales, chords & progressions.

One day he'll throw me a little "Powerslave" or "Hallowed be Thy Name", and we'd be getting some nasty carpet burns. The axe is here to alleiviate stress, not compound it. It makes me want to learn the French horn. Plus, the guy volunteers with kids. Who knows how many minutes before he came in, he was cleaning Huggies residue of his knuckles, and now they're groping Lucille.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home