Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Mama I'm Coming Home

So. I got the new Nine Inch Nails album today.

And by got I mean downloaded radio rips months before its official release, signed up for the fan club, got tickets to see them later this month, and had an actual paid for copy I purchased in advance Fed-Exed to my house at the exact moment of release. Kind of makes that Star Wars guy camping out look like a Nerf Herder.

Now, there's only one course of action left to take. I have to move back in with my parents.

26 years old, mortage, married, and a living room full of Pottery-Restoration-Barrel or not, this album demands the right enviroment to be fully appreciated. In fact I took a long look at my teeth in the mirror today & thought I could use another set of braces.

And after Feast tanks in the box office, there's sure to be a Project Greenlight Garage Sale where I can pick up some creature feature make-up to fake a face full of acne. I can't wait to haggle Matt Damon for a Cuisinart.


"What if this whole crusade's, a charade?
And behind it all there's a price to be paid
For the blood, on which we dine,
Justified in the name of the holy and the divine?"

Wow.
A refrain like that can only resonate after a half hour of folding clothes while being forced to watch Sit & Fit on PBS. I think teenage angst stems also from twin size mattresses & standard cable.

I can just see the potential for an anger like the yester year. Anger at my meager $40 a week allowance, anger at my own brand new car at the age of 15, anger when the Fruity Pebbles ran out.

Angry that Trent Reznor never responded to my letters with anything other than an official looking subpoena & restraining order.

At first listen, With_Teeth has everything to renew a once disillusioned stalker, er.. fan, I mean fan.

So, until I can make the move back home to generate some real hosility to fully appreciate With_Teeth, I'll have to just think about how John Tesh just earned my entire salary while I wrote this.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Bob Barrie is the greatest Art Director of all time. He's so hot.

Hey Bob, I'm ovulating...

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd hold out for Bob Barrie, though John Tesh would be a close #2.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what they say..."you can never go back", but I bet mommie would welcome you back with open arms. After all, besides burning your mattress and rugs, threw out your collection of protype beer brands bottles, doesn't she still have your room as you left it? (Almost)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home