Monday, May 16, 2005

If you think Chili's is fine-dining, you might be a Fall-ujhan.

This just in from Marble Falls, Texas. Country-folk have no sense of distance. And I guess it would make sense. If you had to drive 3 miles off of your property just to check your mail box for your latest issue of Tiger Beat, the perception of distance is difernt for us boulevard loving Townies.

I'm not really trying to single out Marble-Fallians either. But then again, you probably have some cutsey name that you call yourselves like Fallsies or Marb-tians, and it's probably for sale in baby blue paint on a wooden rooster or on a clogging boot with flowers. And then I would have no choice but to single you out.

Maybe I'll just go back to buy one of those cowboy butt bend-over silhouttes I've been dreaming of owning, and write my own name for you on its behind.

"Oh its up the road, turn left when you get around there, up there you know on the road." Does not qualify as directions, or even simple human communication. I think grunting might have come across quicker.

Right outside town, means right outside town. If I drive past the city limits sign and count to 3 Mississippi, that's right outside town. Burnet, is not right outside town. Its its own town. Sure its outside of your town, but so is the rest of humanity. And apparently so is floss.


4 Comments:

Blogger HappySam said...

ye ha
www.warwick.ac.uk/~poubae

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ye olde ha? What's with you Sammich?
Yee-Haw my friend, for you my friend.

Happy Sam would be Ecstatic Sam if he
knew Bob Barrie. Or had a picture of Bob in the shower.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob Barrie is no my brother.

The water is wet.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, only people with pencils are allowed to comment here.

Obie? Pssshhh.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home